OUR FABRICS: We take the elements of our supply chain very seriously. From focusing on recycled materials to researching the highest industry standard for sustainable production, our fabrics meet rigorous environmental and animal welfare standards. Whenever possible we use Bluesign certified fabrics. If such certification is not available, we ensure our fabrics have recycled components. Similarly, all our merino is non-mulesed, meeting strict animal welfare standards. You can read more about Bluesign certification here.
- OUR MANUFACTURING PRACTICES: We manufacture our products domestically and overseas. When working with factories in both the United States and abroad, we work to ensure that the labor practices of those factories meet the highest global standards, including fair labor and wage practices.
- THE HIGG INDEX: Pioneered by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, the Higg Index is designed to help brands assess and improve their environmental impact. We are actively working to participate in and become compliant with the Higg Index. Read more about the initiative here.
Wild Rye has partnered with EcoCart to enable you to offset the carbon footprint with a positive environmental impact for every single Wild Rye that ships. That means the emissions from manufacturing and shipping your favorite Wild Rye pieces can be made 100% carbon neutral. Just be sure to click the "Make my order carbon neutral" box in your shopping cart. Learn more about the partnership here.
Climate change requires immediate action - there isn't a minute to waste when it comes to removing climate-changing emissions from our global economy. If every company were to measure, offset, and reduce their emissions right now, we could accelerate this journey in a serious way. Wild Rye became carbon neutral in 2020 and is committed to maintaining this certification into the future. We’ve calculated all of the emissions it takes to manufacture and ship our products to your doorstep, and in turn offset 378 metric tons of carbon in 2021 by investing in climate change solutions. This is the equivalent to the climate impact of removing 82 cars off the road last year. Alongside 330 other brands committed to leading the way, we have collectively measured and offset over 700,000 metric tons of carbon!
But the work doesn't stop there. We must reduce our future emissions to limit climate change. Over the next few months, we'll be hard at work on our reduction goals for 2022 taking a close look at our packaging and looking to incorporate more recycled materials in our gear.
- PACKAGING: We now ship all your product in recycled AND recyclable paper mailers. 90% of our products are packaged in recycled poly bags and we're continuing to seek ways to do better by our planet with our packaging, while still being able to ensure your Wild Rye pieces arrive in pristine condition.
CAUSES WE SUPPORT: Here at Wild Rye, we support grassroots organizations devoted to getting more women outdoors. From the work of SheJumps to local women's races, we devote time, energy, love, and as much money as we can to help other women trying to make a difference in the outdoors.
- 1% For The Planet: Wild Rye is thrilled to have joined 1% for the Planet, pledging to donate 1% of our total annual sales to support nonprofit organizations focused on making a tangible impact for a better future. Since 2002, members of 1% for the Planet have given more than $280 million to nonprofit partners. Today, their global network consists of thousands of businesses, individuals and environmental nonprofits working toward a better future for all.
- SheJumps: Aligning with our own mission and values, SheJumps increases the participation of women and girls in outdoor activities.Partnering with nature, SheJumps creates safe, educational outdoor experiences for girls and women that nurture growth and transformation.
- WorldRide: World Ride is a 501(c)3 non profit that works to empower women globally through mountain biking. · World Ride has programs in Nepal, Guatemala, Peru and Lesotho.
- Planned Parenthood: Providing safe and affordable reproductive healthcare for women