Chanel is a try-it-out type of rider. She started out riding during COVID-19, which led to her venturing into road, mountain biking, and gravel. She rides with the St. Louis Regulators and earned her Weather Girl name- Tsunami. In the day, she is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker/ Clinical Director managing behavioral health providers. In the evenings and early mornings on the weekend, she's riding flowy MTB trails. Currently, learning to climb hills faster, and cruising wearing her cherry red lipstick (Ruby Woo from Mac to be exact). You can always spot her with lipstick. She likes working with beginners to encourage other BIPOC folx to explore the exciting cycling world.
- Doughnuts or Bagels? Bagels
- Home mountain range? Ozark Mountains
- Fur-baby? No pets - yet!
- Favorite trail / mountain? The Sycamore Loop in Tennessee
- Go-to aprés beverage? Diet Coke...add tequila to the list too!
- Day Job? Therapist - mental health provider
- How do you give back to your community/what are some causes you support?
- Favorite piece of Wild Rye gear? E
- Any big plans for the next year? Desire to take up to three youth athletes to an out of state cycling event!
Follow Chanel's adventures: @chanel_aawellness