I grew up in the Midwest doing gymnastics and then played tennis in college, I was far from any mountains but once I got a taste of Colorado I was hooked. After graduating from nursing school, I moved out west to make playing outside a priority. Nowadays it's weird if I don't get 100+ days of skiing in or several rides per week on my mountain bike. There are so many wonderful things about living in the mountains but my favorite aspect is the strong female friendships that form from days spent in the saddle, on the skin track, or acting like kids on a pow day.
- Doughnuts or Bagels? Bagel sandwich, with jalapeno cream cheese and avo please!
- Home mountain range? Gore Range or Sawatch Range, I am in between both
- Fur-baby? Teo, he is technically an English Springer Spaniel but is known by all the neighbors as the "Pow Hound"
- Favorite trail / mountain? Lenawee Trail off the back of the basin, all smiles, emphasis on the "weeeee". Favorite mountain to ski: Arapaho Basin
- Go-to aprés beverage? Whatever local IPA is on draft
- Day job? I am a recovery room RN at Vail Health
- Any big plans for this next year? I have some trips coming up, Canada in Feb with my boyfriend, then Canada again (Rogers pass) with some gal pals, some free time off in April to just see where the snow takes me! I also entered the Leadville 100 lottery so will find out if I got in on 1/9/23. If I don't get into that race I'd love to find another long distance race to push myself in this summer :)
- Favorite piece of Wild Rye Gear? Tie between the Freda 7" short which is amazing for big rides and hot weather or the Holly Jersey which I wear almost every day in the fall and now every day ski touring, it breathes amazing and the loose fit is my jam.
Follow Ingrid's Adventures @twoplanksoneing