Growing up in rural Wyoming and the Wind River Mountains, Amy has always felt a strong connection to the wild. After graduating Westminster College with a degree in the Psychology of Communication and minor in Outdoor Education and Leadership, Amy's career combines her passion for outdoor adventure with media production. She's a writer, film maker, and multi-sport athlete creating media content with the goal of inspiring people to take action to positively improve their personal lives and the world around them. She has developed a women's backcountry retreat program for the world-wide women's collective And She's Dope Too which brings women of all experience levels together to learn outdoor skills and experience the beauty of nature. She's also a backpacking guide for Sawtooth Mountain Guides in Idaho. As a life long skier, Amy has competed in the Freeskiing World Tour and is a coach for the Sun Valley big mountain high school team, but her greatest love is backcountry skiing and exploring deep in the mountains.
- Doughnuts or Bagels? Bagels for breakfast, doughnuts anytime!
- Home mountain range? Grew up in the Wind River Range, now in the Sawtooths
- Fur-baby? Roxy is a pomeranian farm dog and Boss is a boxer/lab mountain dog.
- Favorite trail / mountain? Go to bike trail is Fox Creek loop in Sun Valley. Backcountry skiing anywhere in the Sawtooths has my jaw dropped.
- Go-to aprés beverage? Anything Melvin Brewing or a Good Life Sweet As. Beer for the win.
- Day Job? Winter: Skier, coach, media producer. Summer: Retreat Director for women's wilderness retreats and backpacking guide.
Follow Amy's Adventures @amyjanedavid