An Alaskan upbringing imbued Aly with serious thirst for adventure and a deep love for wild places and wild people. She’s a writer, photographer and filmmaker whose documentary films take on adventure, conservation and social impact issues. Aly is based out of White Salmon, WA where she runs Ursa Major, a multi-media production house serving outdoor brands and organizations that are doing good in the world. A lifelong skier, she converted to mountain biking after her first backpacking adventure on China's remote Tibetan Plateau. Aly is convinced bikes are the best way to travel.
- Doughnuts or Bagels? Doughnuts!
- Home mountain range? Chugach (now in the Cascades)
- Fur-baby? Babba Mikooey, orange yoda mutt
- Favorite trail / mountain? Monarch crest Trail, Colorado. Mt. Bachelor, Oregon
- Go-to aprés beverage? Hot chocolate or a cold beer.
- Day Job? Filmmaker and photographer
Follow Aly's Adventures @alynicklas