Position Title: Wholesale Operations Manager
Reports To: CEO with VP of People & Ops Day-to-Day Support
Department: Sales/Operations Hybrid
Wild Rye is a small, growing brand based in Sun Valley, ID that’s dedicated to crafting beautiful and technical mountain apparel for all who identify as women that inspires confidence and welcomes more women into the outdoors. We’re a small but mighty team looking for some added (wo)man power. Wild Rye is seeking a hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our team at our HQ in Idaho! This position is a full-time, in house position.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious, organized and detail oriented person with a passion for going above and beyond to represent the Wild Rye brand. As a part of the Wild Rye team, you will be expected to wear many hats, that said, we’re specifically seeking an experienced sales and operations manager to help direct and drive our wholesale business. The job will be a hybrid of significant strategy and leadership for the big picture as well as the day to day management of the wholesale business logistics. This role will support both sales and operations with a heavy focus on warehouse logistics and NuOrder, our B2B sales platform management system. The right candidate should be someone who is focused, self-motivated and willing and excited to learn (and dive into) all aspects of a growing outdoor brand during a high-growth period. Please be aware that job function will grow and evolve with our brand growth, so flexibility is a must! This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door, learn and grow with a high-growth, women-led outdoor brand.
Passion for the Wild Rye lifestyle and for elevating women in the outdoors & in business is a must. Wild Rye deeply values diversity and inclusivity, we strongly encourage traditionally under-represented folx to apply.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work in tandem with sales manager(s) to develop and align wholesale strategy in the US and eventually outside the US.
- Become well versed in back end systems to analyze and provide reporting to help support and drive wholesale strategy.
- In collaboration with our preferred contractors, drive the development, strategy and execution of POP and in-store visual merchandising.
- Manage B2B platform (NuOrder) operations and logistics, including but not limited to managing product catalog, assets, order entering, retailer log-ins etc.
- Take the lead on all 3PL logistics and oversight, including but not limited to overseeing B2B orders to ensure accuracy, retailer routing requirements, receiving, procurement of packaging materials. Be proactive in escalating any issues as soon as they arise.
- Become the expert of routing guides required for all key wholesale accounts, always thinking ahead and working closely with 3PL to ensure accuracy.
- Manage communications between 3PL, B2B partner and operations team to ensure accuracy and timely order processing.
- Coordinate with the accounting team to ensure invoices are reviewed and sent to accounts in a timely manner. Track & collect payment from wholesale accounts.
- Communication with specialty wholesale accounts and supporting Sales Manager with communication to key wholesale accounts.
- Outreach to potential new accounts and new markets and manage the onboarding process for new accounts in collaboration with the sales manager.
- Coordinate logistics of trade shows and trade show & sales materials, with occasional on-location event support.
- Additional special projects as they arise.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years experience inside sales or sales rep role
- NuOrder and/or Shopify experience is a plus
- 3PL management experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of outdoor product, materials and technology
- Advanced Excel skills, with a data analyst mindset
- Strong experience in account management
- Desire to master Wild Rye product features, sizing and best use cases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially persuasion to clearly convey the benefits of a product to potential customers
- A self-starter and problem solver with exceptional execution and follow through
- Able to build and create strong relationships and connections
- Ability to balance volume and quality while exceeding performance targets
- Be willing and available to work some weekends and holidays during busy periods
- Some Travel required
- Competitive Pay
- Health benefits
- Flexible work schedule with powder clause and lunch rides
- 8-10 paid holidays per year
- Flexible PTO with prior approval by supervisor
- Access to outdoor industry discounts
- Relocation assistance if relevant
- Wild Rye product employee pricing!
This position is based in Sun Valley, ID which provides incredible access to mountain biking and other adventures in the summer as well as both lift-served and backcountry skiing and riding in the winter. We’re a growing team of passionate women who are always looking for more adventure buddies and eager to help you meet your goals in your career and in the outdoors.
To apply: Send resume, portfolio and cover letter explaining why you believe you’re a fit for this position and Wild Rye to email@example.com.