I grew up swimming, skiing, and running (aka chasing boys), which led to a discovery of being a fairly competent runner. I also quickly discovered my true passion for long-distance running. To date, I've run several dozen marathons and half marathons while serving as an ambassador for a women-led brand, Oiselle, and exploring trails in nearly 60 countries. After a year-long foot injury from running in 2019, I was introduced to mountain biking and fell head over heels for the sport and camaraderie. I love it so much, I often times can be found stuffing fruit snacks into the hands of my two-year old son on his Macride (with my husband and daughter following closely along). As a Chinese-American woman, I am wild about encouraging and supporting more women of color to discover the beauty of the sport, community, and outdoors.
- Doughnuts or Bagels? Bagels! I gravitate towards savory breakfasts and love a freshly toasted Asiago bagel with veg cream cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions.
- Home mountain range? Mount Tam summits for long trail runs and Soquel Demonstration Forest ("Demo") for the berm and flow feasting on the bike. :)
- Furbaby? No furbaby but I have two kids under five. They often join me on my trail runs and bike rides. Macrides make it possible by bike!
- Favorite trail / mountain? This is a tough one. I like a little bit of everything - excruciating hill climbs (and a bonus when I get on that Strava leaderboard!), rooty and rocky technical terrain, slick berms, and rollers. In the Bay Area, I'd say Tamarancho in Marin is up there; Ridge and Flow Trails in Demo; and Chaparral Trail in Waterdog. Otherwise, Post Canyon in Hood River, OR; Croy Creek in Sun Valley, ID; Jackpot in Lutsen, MN, and Moab, UT have stolen my heart! I grew up skiing Tahoe, and my family traveled to Whistler, Park City, and Vail for ski/snowboard trips. This past season I tried skate skiing in Tahoe for the first time, and oh man is it HARD. My goal for this upcoming season is to not get passed by 80-year olds!
- Go-to aprés beverage? My husband's homemade raspberry-ginger kombucha. That stuff is gold.
- Day Job? I lead a team of policy advisors responsible for safeguarding users from harmful content on the internet. It's an extremely rewarding and challenging job - and I'm fortunate to be able to work with a group of very talented, thoughtful, and empathetic people.