Wild Rye is a small, rapidly growing brand based in Sun Valley, ID that’s dedicated to crafting beautiful and technical mountain apparel for all who identify as women that inspires confidence and welcomes more women into the outdoors. Wild Rye is seeking a hard-working individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our five-person team!
We are searching for an experienced and self-driven Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our team! As a COO, you will be the yin to our CEO’s yang. You’ll be responsible for overseeing key departments and implementing systems and processes to improve internal and external systems. You will work closely with the CEO to develop internal goals and targets, while overseeing evaluation of and expansion into new markets . This role is a critically important piece of improving our bottom line - through efficiency, accuracy, attention to detail and improving / fixing all broken or fragile systems.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious person with a keen attention to detail willing to roll up their sleeves and create some magic (and do some dirty work) for a rapidly growing, mostly bootstrapped brand. Despite this person being the goal-oriented anchor of our team, she/he must also be opportunistic and still be willing to get scrappy. As a part of the Wild Rye team, you will be expected to wear many hats. That said, you should be a proven people manager who understands how all departmental ecosystems interact (and can be improved upon). Please be aware that job function will grow and evolve with our brand growth, so flexibility is a must!
Passion for the Wild Rye lifestyle is a plus. Passion for elevating women in the outdoors & in business is a must. Wild Rye deeply values diversity and inclusivity, we strongly encourage traditionally under-represented folx to apply.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures for cross divisional communication and efficiencies
- Lead the oversight and implementation of external systems that add to efficiencies and cost savings
- Create systems for onboarding, managing and developing new employees
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth across divisions
- Set comprehensive goals for and support Marketing Director with required e-comm growth to improve overall margins
- Oversee inventory planning, returns systems and other operational support required to hit goals
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of the entire team
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication – must be approachable, but set clear guardrails for all new and existing employees
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Participate in and lead the logistics and operations of expansion activities (particularly new markets.)
- Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve existing or develop new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible.
- Help to communicate departmental and company-wide priorities and act as a sounding board and consultant to senior leadership.
- Lead by Example: Be incredibly truth-seeking with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively, communicate frequently and with high quality; then funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans.
- Support the development of office mezzanine level and/or office relocation to allow for growth
- Support investor relations, fundraising, including developing on investor updates, assist in building fundraising materials, supporting CEO & CFO in due diligence requests
- Support hiring for key roles by helping to source, vet, and sell promising candidates
- In conjunction with the CFO, assist with the planning of the annual financial targets, strategic plans and business line performance
- Drive management related activities including performance management, goal setting, performance reviews, and compensation planning processes
- Help build a successful and healthy organization: collaborate with CEO and CFO to review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them, design optimal workflows, and align internal processes
- Work closely with the CEO and CFO to execute the roadmap of initiatives to foster a sense of belonging in the organization to keep our culture strong
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- High-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing in addition to Ops etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and technology
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills. You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take-aways, and disseminate meaningful insights.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - be a strong problem solver.
- Be a natural explorer: investigate and get the data to fi
- Being self-starter is a must!
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity
- Innovative, resourceful, and efficient with limited resources
- Ability to juggle priorities and autonomously manage your time to ensure the most value-add to the team and company
- Ability to balance insight and guidance, taking a step back when needed to allow the owner of the initiative to come to their own recommendation
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Ability to distill complex information into the most important parts and problem solve
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible work schedule with Powder clause
- Unlimited time-off
- Access to outdoor industry discounts
- Relocation Assistance if needed
- Full health benefits package
To apply, please email email@example.com with resume, cover letter and any other relevant information you would like to share.