NOW AVAILABLE IN EXTENDED SIZES
We didn’t take any shortcuts when designing the Freel women’s mountain bike short. Quality is the name of its game. The Freel was built with you in mind — your body, your comfort, and your adventures. Sure, they’re pretty, but they were built to last. No frills: just a fun pattern, a great fit, and mindful details.
A sturdy, enduro-ready women's mountain bike short, the Freel is made out of a durable, four-way stretch nylon fabric that is sun, splash, and shrub resistant. Perfect for everything from local races to singletrack rides to the bar, the Freel can handle anything you throw at it.
Sloths: We celebrate the slow roll. These fun sloth friends are here to remind you that it’s not always about being first—it’s about enjoying the ride. Designed by one of our favorite lady illustrators.
Bees: Inspired by flight, these hand-drawn bee buddies salute spring and summer while bringing just the right touch of feminine in a lovely mauve.
Swirling Dots: Just the right touch of class in a bright cornflower blue, the swirling dots keep it simple and are inspired by movement, no matter your style or speed.
Vicuñas: They’re baaaaack. Our Vicuña shorts sold out so fast last season, that they’re back for a victory lap in an updated gray. Spit aside, these quirky creatures pack a personality (and, if you’re lucky, all your s**t). They’re more than pack animals—they’re ready to party, and they don’t make excuses. Embrace your inner vicuña!
Arrows: We believe in following your arrow: to the summit, to the snack break, to the post-ride bar and toward all your biggest and best dreams and ambitions. Take flight with our ever-popular arrows pattern, now in a bright, fresh coral.
If you're still not sure how to pick the best shorts for you, check out our new Freel vs. Kaweah comparison chart, here.
- Water repellant
- Durable, abrasion resistant nylon
- UPF 50
- Front pockets
- Storage pocket big enough for your phone, sunglasses or energy bar
- Gusseted crotch
- 220 gsm
- 88% nylon, 12% spandex
- 4-way stretch for added comfort
- 12" inseam, size 8
Studio Model: 5'5", 133lbs and wearing a size 6
FIT AND CARE
- How to Fit:
NOTE: If you bought a size 0, 2 or 4 Freel Short from the 2019 season (Coral Arrows, Blue Vicuñas or Navy Geo Dots) please refer to our updated size chart).
- If you are used to sizing up for mountain bike shorts, we suggest you order your Wild Rye garment true to size. Our shorts are designed with a fabric and fit that allow mobility without having to round up sizes. We’ve also eliminated the waist band gap, so you don’t have to.
- For reference, check out our handy fit chart.
- How to Care for your garment:
- No special care necessary—ride, wash, dry, repeat. Enjoy!